We are in the process of casting Sally Potter’s new film and are looking for two teenage girls, aged 14 to 18, for the leading roles.
If you want to be considered in the casting process, we invite you to contact us. The film will shoot in the UK and Ireland over the summer holidays.
To begin with we want you to post a short video of yourself performing part of a scene from the film, and if we like what we see, we will invite you to come to an audition.
About the audition
The story is set in London in 1961 at the time of the “Ban the Bomb” movement. Ginger and Rosa are nearly 16 and lifelong best friends who do everything together. Ginger is the “brainy” one who wants to get involved in the antinuclear protests while Rosa is more interested in boys.
You can choose to be either Ginger or Rosa in your video: it doesn’t matter which and will not affect your chances of being considered for both roles. You can do the whole scene sitting down and we only need to see you on the video. The other part can be read for you by someone else – a friend, someone from your family or a teacher – who we will not see in the video.
Please start by introducing yourself to camera. Please face the camera and make sure we can see your face and hear you clearly. A head and shoulders shot is best. There is no need for any costume or special location.
Tell us your name, your age and where in the country you are from. Then tell us one interesting fact about yourself.
You can download the audition scene (NOW REMOVED)
Below are instructions on how to send us your video privately via YouTube.
All videos will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
If you would like to tell your friends about this opportunity please check out ourfacebook page.
How to submit your audition video:
1) Go to www.youtube.com
2) In the top right, click Create Account, you will need an email address. Or log in if you already have an account.
3) Once you’re account is active, you can upload your video. To the right of the search bar, click Upload.
4) Choose Upload Video and select the file from your computer.
5) While the videos uploading, give the video a title. The title should be the name of the character you’re auditioning for, followed by your name.
6) Under description, you’ll need to provide a contact detail email for us to get in touch with you should you be successful.
7) Tags and category can be left blank.
8) Under privacy, select Private.
9) Click Save Changes, and wait for you video to finish uploading.
10) Once completed, click on your username in the top right hand corner and go to My Videos
11) You’re video will appear, select Edit
12) Scroll down to Broadcasting and Sharing Options, select Private.
13) When asked who to share the video with, enter the username spinteractive1.
14) Click Send, and the video will come to us.